Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The Westinghouse LT 758S is not starting ,the wash button flashes

The Westinghouse LT 758S is not starting ,the wash button flashes and all other program lights are on correctly
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.'

How many times does the wash light flash between pauses?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Wash light just flashes constantly and nothing starts

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what else can I tell you

is there any adjustment for the lid closure and where?

it may be the contacts on the lid are faulty

Which light exactly is flashing...the Maxi light, Maxi PLus or other one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The WASH light next to SPIN and is there a adjustment on the lid which would also activate the start

Either the machine is stuck in a paused mode or there is something wrong with the control. If it were a lid switch problem all the water level lights would be flashing slowly. Try to unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in. See if that corrects the issue. If it does not I would say you need a new control as there is no code for that flashing error.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to push the lid down and it than continued the circuit,there must be something on the lid that closes the system to start in the first place,because it stopped during the cycle and resumed it after I pushed the lid down

Yes there is a lid switch in the front of the machine. you would need to lift the lid and you should see two removable tabs on either side. Remove those and the screws under them. The top will lift up/ The lid switch assembly is right there is the front. There may be a broken wire or something wrong with the lid switch itself. You may need to replace it, but they rarely go bad.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there a instruction manual available for this model ?

This is the only link I have to it

It may or may not work

CLICK HERE