Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

E42BS75EPS Electrolux icon Refrigerator, it just plain died.

E42BS75EPS Electrolux icon Refrigerator, it just plain died. lights are on, display is off.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you mean the user interface board on the left door?does it still beep if you press the functions ?

Customer:

THat is the only display I am aware of. Dead as a doornail, if doornails could be dead. no beeping. nothing.

Randy 43 :

but still cooling and the lites are on inside ..or everything off and no cooling ?

Customer:

The only thing that appears to be working are the light bulbs. no compressor, no cooling, no fans, no display, no beeping

Randy 43 :

and you have reset the boards for 5 minutes?

Customer:

No, I have not. I am not familiar with resetting the boards. I assume that is a powering down thing. I did have the main power switch (in the panel above the unit) off for a while. I did not disconnect the unit from the house current.

Randy 43 :

try shutting the breaker off for atleast 5 min and see if it just needs resetting

Customer:

I'm away from the unit now. If that doesn't work? what is the likelihood that the main circuit board is bad?

Randy 43 :

that would be the next likelihood , it supplies power to the user interface but you would want to check all other options first ,its not a cheap board ,a lot of times resetting the boards does the trick but if still nothing after 5 min ,it would be the main board or a connection bad at the main board

Randy 43 :

Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN     Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 : Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN

RepairClinic Item #1158760 (OEM Part)

$415.75

Control board

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

More
Customer:

And where have they hidden that little gem?

Randy 43 :

with electrolux fridges it is usually under the freezer section ,remove the kickplate to access , or at the rear of the fridge on some models

Randy 43 :

mounted to the ceiling of the cabinet

Customer:

this is the built in , French door unit. hopefully I won't need to find it.

Randy 43 :

let me find out for sure ..back in a few minutes

Customer:

Take your time. I've got nothin to do except replace our dishwasher.

Randy 43 :

its at the back of the cabinet , its got castors ,,so if you take the feet up and some plastic glides down it should roll out ok

Customer:

OOF thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Board arrived today. I'll let you know how that works out.