Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a model ffmv162lwa frigidaire microwave/hood and the

i have a model ffmv162lwa frigidaire microwave/hood and the fan just turned on by itself and wont turn off you can pushed the fan button and it changes speed but wont turn off tried unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for about 30 min and no change any idea what I can do its about 2 years old
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the fan turn off if you open or close the door at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it does not

OK so the only thing that would cause the fan to run all the time whether the door is opened or closed is the display board itself. Unfortunately the relay on the display board is stuck and it's sending power all the time even though it shouldn't be. Below is a link to the display board you'll need to order for your model number. The part is quite expensive at about $135 so it may not be worth repairing, but that's completely up to you.

CLICK HERE for display board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the prompt service

No problem and good luck to you. Sorry about the bad news.