Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

DOES NOT DISPENSE ICE. MOTOR DOES NOT TURN AUGUR.ICELOAD ARM

DOES NOT DISPENSE ICE. MOTOR DOES NOT TURN AUGUR.ICELOAD ARM IS UP.UNIT IS NOT IN LOCK POSITION..WILL NOT TURN WITH TRAY OUT. WATER WORKS, ICE FLAP OPENS ...AND CLOSES. IS THERE A FUSE FOR THE MOTOR? OR ARE WE TALKING ABOLUT A NEW MOTOR. "MOD..MZD2666KEW" SER "10253844JG
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Okay can you pull the ice container out (the auger) and see if the auger motor will turn with a pair of pliers ? also do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can turn Aurgur drive with my hand, and yes I have a meter.

I have removed Ice Unit and closed switch and tried to see if it would operat without load. No action.

okay , so what you need to do is remove the panel the auger motor is attached to and test for 120 volts getting to the motor when you hold the light switch in and press for ice. If you get 120 volts the motor is bad and needs to be replaced, if you don't its another issue. if you do need the motor heres a link. Auger Motor , let me know if you get voltage.