Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Dishwasher which has started to leak around

I have a Maytag Dishwasher which has started to leak around the bottom right(my right looking at appliance) of door. Gasket seems ok and cleaned the float drain. Still leaking. can you help?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are actually 2 things that can cause a leak in the bottom right corner. One is the door seal itself which you say appears to be OK. The other is actually the rubber gasket around the dispenser latch. This dishwasher just so happens to have a jet of water that sprays right at the dispenser latch, so if that little rubber grommet around the latch cracks or breaks, it will start leaking and the latch grommet needs to be replaced. It's easy to determine if the grommet is bad because moving the latch will expose a crack if there is one. Other than that, I'd replace the door seal if the latch grommet checks good---because that really isn't so easy to check for certain if it's leaking or not.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had read about the gasket on latch previously but not sure how to evaluate it. It looks ok but not sure. How about the sprayer arm issue?

only the bottom spray arm would cause a leak because if the seam is cracked on it, it will push out water into the water pooling on the bottom of the dishwasher tub and it will go up under the door to flush it out.

As for evaluating the latch grommet, you can take the door apart and you'll see a bunch of hard water signs showing that it's leaking if it's actually leaking inside the door and out the bottom.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took off door and noticed a fair amount of hard water deposit around latch mechanism. What would you suggest now in terms of trouble shooting?

I would just replace the latch grommet if you're getting any hard water signs inside the door by the latch assembly. No water should get inside around this area unless the grommet isn't sealing up. The part number is XXXXX and it costs less than $5.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you tell me how to remove latch assembly?

That would be quite impossible to explain, but below is a link to a video that shows you how to do this for the most part.