Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Error code message F06 and E01; Whirlpool duet washing mac

Customer Question

Error code message F06 and E01; Whirlpool duet washing machine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
this error is referring to a problem with the motor or motor control board communicating with the central control unit. I'm am trying to find the service tech sheets, this may take a few minutes so please stand by.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Bryan ... will check for your reply while I am getting ready for work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Drive Motor Tachometer Error

The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down.

If a failure occurs during high-speed spin the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.

Potential Causes

• Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor/Tachometer and the

Motor Control unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit

(CCU)

• Check the Drive Motor

• Check the MCU

• Check the Wire Harness

Can you remove the top of the machine ? what I mean is the dryer isn't on top correct ? if so you need to check the wiring harness between the MCU (motor control unit)Control Board W10374126 Main Product View and the CCU (central control unit) the CCU is number 4 on this diagram. the MCU is located on the floor of the unit. number 37 on this diagram.unplug the cables and plug them back in. see if that corrects the bad connection.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

the dryer is not on top of the washer ... it is beside it... the tachometer error is F06 ... what about the Eo1 code?

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
I was pulling up info on that. it give me a few more minutes, it may be related to the same issue. that error I believe is only supposed to come up when you run diagnostics. still researching that .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK ...Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Okay that error is all one error code, in other words its the same error. check all the connections like I said and then plug the washer back in and try it. if it doesn't run one of the two boards is bad. usually the CCU however is the one that fails. let me know when you have tried that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will not be able to try all you have suggested until after work tonight ... but thank you for all your help ...hopefully it is a bad connection! Can I email you back when I have tried everything?

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
yes just sign back in and reply , I will get it. have a great day and talk later , Thanks, Bryan