Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

Kitchen Aid side by side refrigerator that the center divider

Kitchen Aid side by side refrigerator that the center divider is very hot so hot that you can't keep your hand on it for more than a few seconds. I know they are warm to the touch but never seen one this hot. What is the cause and how to fix it.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

You will need to pull the fridge out and remove the panel on the lower portion on the backside of the unit. This will expose the compressor and condenser fan. The will either be something in the condenser fan stopping it from running, no voltage to the motor, or voltage to the motor (but not running). Remove item stopping fan from turning, if that is the issue. If no voltage, replace control bard back there. If voltage is present, replace the fan motor. Fan motor part# XXXXX XXXXX $96, control board part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can find this board on ebay, but it is hard to find. If this information has assisted you, please give me a great rating. If not, please respond back for more assistance....Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jason I replaced the fan and still didn't work. Where is this control located?

It is located behind a cover, in the compressor area with the fan. I think it is located to the side behind a metal cover if I remember correctly. The diagram just shows it is behind a cover, but I believe it is located over to the side behind the corner part of the frame. Thanks again