Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

My H20 makes a loud noise when dispensing water, then the noise

My H20 makes a loud noise when dispensing water, then the noise quits and the flow slows down. I have replaced the filter and the problem remains. It sounds like a control valve buzzing. is this a common problem with an easy answer?

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Please look in the fridge section. There should be a data sticker with the model and serial #'s on it. Please provide that model# XXXXX that I can further assist you. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the fridge section there is a panel on the rear wall under the water filter. This panel needs to be removed using the flat-head release tabs. This will expose the water valve. You will need to turn off the water supply and replace the water valve. Replace one thing at a time for old valve to new to not confuse anything. The valve part# XXXXX XXXXX cost about $38. If this information has assisted you, please give me a great rating. If not, please respond back for more information....Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you run into this question before?

Yes, most of the time the valve is faulty only. But, high water pressure can cause this as well. You can get a water pressure gauge that fits onto your water hose connection at your local hardware store. They normally cost around $15. The pressure should be around 40-60 psi. It normally takes around 100 psi to make a valve go bad in most cases. Thanks again.