Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have model SHX55M. The washer fills then starts for about

I have model SHX55M. The washer fills then starts for about 3 minutes, then an alarm sounds and when I open the door, I see a red icon of a faucet. If I push the on/off button and leave the dishwasher for about 20 mins. Then push the on/off button again to restart the dishwasher it seems to finish the washing and drying. What is the meaning of the faucet icon and what needs to be done to rectify the problem
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The faucet icon means that water is not coming into the dishwasher quick enough so it gives you an error after not reaching the correct water level in 3 minutes. Make sure you have good water pressure going to the dishwasher and if so, order and replace the electronic water valve in the lower front left corner that your fill hose connects to because it's not opening the solenoid far enough to allow water into the dishwasher quick enough.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!