Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

norcold refrigerator model 6182 i defrosted my ref cut it back

norcold refrigerator model 6182 i defrosted my ref cut it back on on high it started freezing and i went back the next week and it was still running but the ice was not frozen so i checked in back of ref and the large pipe where the drip pan is it was very hot i cut it off over night cut it back on it cimes on but want get cold its a 1999 norcold ref i need your help thank you
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

It sounds like you may have a leak in the system. It sounds like the generator heater is working, but with an empty system it will not cool. This would be very common on that model and the age of the unit. You may see signs of leakage around some of the external cooling lines. You may see a yellowish powder in places. It sounds like you are in need of a new cooling unit for sure. These run around 600-800 depending and you need to get a qualified shop to do it. There is no recharging this type of unit at all.