Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I need to repair the broken start button on my front loading

I need to repair the broken start button on my front loading "duet" auto.washer. The button does not connect to the engage the start process. Can I take the front panel off to manually start the washer while waiting for a repair on the 9/20/13.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I will wait

The only way I can see that you can do this Pat is to take the top off the machine, Then remove the dispenser drawer, Next take all visible screws inside the dispenser drawer and along the top of the control panel. Unclip the control panel from the front of the machine, Remove the user interface from the panel. Then take the broken button out. Put everything back together then use something like a pencil to start the machine.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My dryer is on top of the washer(stackable) do you mean I would have to remove appliance top to get to those screws?

The dryer is going to have to be removed any way to do the repair, if the button is completely gone already then you can try a pencil to start the machine, If the start button is still there then yes to get the panel off the dryer would have to come down :(

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband is gonna kill me it is a major issue to remove the dryer off from the top in the tiny closet area. He says it makes him lose his religion to have to deal with the small space issue. I do appreciate the info and the heads-up for the appliance person coming. Thanks again !!!

Your welcome Pat, Hope you dont get in too much trouble :)

Thanks!

Mike.