Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

gas dryer model mdg3000awa wont get hot enough gas comes on

Customer Question

gas dryer model mdg3000awa wont get hot enough gas comes on runs for 7 sec and is off for about 60 sec I have replaced upper hi heat limit, solenoids and general temperature sensor. What controls heat levels and therefore the gas flame and or intensity?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

Okay on this dryer you will need to replace the gas valve coils. Gas Valve Solenoid 279834 Main Product View they are cheap and easy to replace. heres a link to the parts and theres a video there o show you how to replace them. just click that blue link.http://www.rcappliancepartsimages.com/dbImages/i/00003086/Gas-Valve-Solenoid-279834-00928757.jpg?RCAID=1000065

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Brian

When I spoke of the solenoids I replaced I was referring to the gas valves

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.
oh okay so you already replaced them , sorry I did misunderstand. okay so you replaced this also ? High Limit Thermostat - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part # XXXXXand this ? just want to be sure
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry but your reply didn't come through.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Yes I have replaced thoses parts 2 valves and the 2 temperature sensors

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.
okay, this is a tough one. so we are down to a few parts really. one would be the radiant sensor on the side of the heater can.. the electronic control. or the timer. Now in rare cases the centrifugal switch on the motor could be bad also. does this happen in both timed and auto cycles?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The radiant sensor works fine. it glows red the light of which is received

by the infrared sensor and the gas valves open and flame up well. However the main flame is only on for about 7 secs the then is extinguished with the opening of the high temp sensor , and the process

continues. Is the hi temp sensor suppose to control this or is it a safey in case of too much heat?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.
okay well the temp is controlled by the cycling thermostat.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
which is on the blower assembly and I believe you replaced. if that fails to shut the heat off then the high limit will. have you tried running this without the vent attached ? completely removed from the dryer and if so does it do the same thing ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No I have nt but il try imediately

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.
okay thanks.