Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi. I have a GE front load washer that was banging loudly.

Hi.
I have a GE front load washer that was banging loudly. A new spider arm was put in along with a gasket on the tub and it was put back together. When we went to try the machine out, there was no more banging or other noise and it seemed to be working fine. However, after about 8 minutes, water was coming out the underside of the machine (quite a bit). Also, there seemed to be a lot more water in the tub than usual. I'm thinking that some sensor is not working that senses the amount of water that should be in the tub and overfills it. Could this be correct and how do I find and fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay does the drum keep filling with water as this its happening or does it stop filling at some point ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Actually, the machine stops and a code "FH" appears on the panel.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay perfect ! actually the FH means there was no water detected entering the machine, So whats actually going on is the pressure switch is not detecting water coming in which would also make sense with water coming out during the fill. there is a rubber hose that runs from the tub to the pressure switch, Hose W10004260       Main Product Viewif this is disconnected at either the drum or the pressure switch water will flow out and the pressure switch will not detect pressure. the pressure switch is mounted under the top on the right back corner when looking from the front. its number 23 on this diagram. if the hose is still connected there its come off the tub you need to put it back on.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I'm going downstairs to look for this pressure switch. Is there a certain place that the hose should be connected to?

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
there will be a small nozzle type part sticking out of the side of the tub lower part on the same side as the pressure switch. it just pushes on the nipple.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
this hose could be connected to the trap on the drum. number 14 on this diagram. the best way to find where it connects is run the water in for a minute and see where the water is comming out. thats where it attachés.