Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

hi there - I have a Bosch Clasixx machine that wont spin or

Customer Question

hi there - I have a Bosch Clasixx machine that won't spin or drain. I have manually drained it and checked the outlet for obstructions. The drain hose is also clear. When I ran it empty on the Express 15 cycle it got hung up at one minute and kept gyrating back and forth - never got to drain or spin. I finally turned it off for fear of the motor burning out.
please help. I am running out of pants.
Chris
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hi Chris

Is there water in the machine right now?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no there is not - I have drained it

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Chris
Great

can you put the machine onto the drain cycle and remove the filter.
Listed or look into the filter housing.
Can you hear or see the pump running?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

where is the filter?

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.

Hi Chris

Down on the bottom right hand side is the round filer, looks like a petrol cap
You said that you pulled that out before, was there anything at all in there?

Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

nothing in there - white propeller going around - humming....

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Chris
Great
Can you now tell me how is the waste pipe connected to the plumbing?
Is it on the U bend under the sink?
Also, if you open the door, look on the label there, whats the full model number?

Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes - the ubend under the sink. I have already disconnected it to see if the water is draining out of it - it is.

E-Nr WAE20262 AU/01 FD 9101 900187

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Great

OK, I suspect that it is not heating and just getting stuck in the wash cycle.

Can you remember if the door was hot when this happened?
Also, if you actually select the spin cycle, I suspect it will spin and end correctly. Is that correct?

Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No - it wont spin at all - I stated that in the original problem summary. And if I am washing with cold water why would heating affect the spin cycle?

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi
Sorry, im getting a bit confused as to what its actually doing, as the symptoms are quite strange.

If its washing in cold water but wont advance to the drain, thats one issue
If it wont actually spin when you select spin only, thats another issue.

We know that the pump is working, you've seen it.
We know the motor is functioning as it agitates in the wash cycle.

Unfortunately this all points to a bad control board.
Can you tell me how old this is?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I think it is a couple of years old

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi

OK, thats really odd for a Bosch machine !

Unfortunately there is now way to test the complex board yourself.
I would suggest that you get a hands on diagnosis of this, as the part is very expensive to replace, and if an engineer is on site, its his responsibility and not yours.

I would check your paperwork. Some of these came with a 2 year warranty, so you may well still be covered.

Im sorry there isn't an easy answer or quick fix for you on this one, but its best that I am honest with you, sorry.

All the best
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I did rate you.

There was one thing that we did not try that would have solved my problem. The water was running through the hose to the drain, however the entrance to the drain was blocked. The repairman gave it a poke with a screw driver to clear it. it cost me $100……

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Chris

Thanks for letting me know

You said in your first post that you had checked for obstructions and that all was clear.
You also said that you'd checked the U bend and that was clear too.

Rob