Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

the control on my PFCS1RKZHSS GE Profile REFRIGERATOR is

the control on my PFCS1RKZHSS GE Profile REFRIGERATOR
is beeping and apparently adjusting the temperature...how can I disable the control board to return it to the factory settings and shut it up until a repair guy can come over and fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the only way to possibly stop the beeping would be to try two things. One, you can unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug it back in to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, on the display panel of the dispenser there should be a lock button in the lower right or lower left corner. Press and hold this button for 5 seconds and that should disable the buttons so that the settings can't change. Other than that, the faulty part would need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already unplugged it and waited before plugging it in again. as far as the lock feature goes...this makes the beeping about 4 times worse, as the system perceives that a change is being attempted while it is locked so it basically gives me the beeps for both the attempted changes as well as the 'successfully' thwarted changes. on another forum I read about disabling the control unit which stopped the beeping and defaults the unit to the mfg standard settings...no details on how to actually do that though, would you know what to unplug on the board to make this happen?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately you can't do that other than locking the control panel. That's the only way to disable it. Unplugging the panel would cause the unit to heat up since it needs the display board to know how to cool. I'm sorry to say that there is no way you can fix this if locking out the panel doesn't work and unplugging the unit didn't reset the electronics---except to replace the part so it will be an annoyance until then and that's not something you can bypass.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.