Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag dryer turns on The igniter works the burner flames

My Maytag dryer turns on The igniter works the burner flames up but in about 2 minutes flame shuts off, not sure what part to replace
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to be clear, the flame is designed to only come on for a bit, then shut off. However it should continue to cycle in this fashion throughout the cycle and turn on and off to regulate the temperature. If it's not coming back on or it's coming back on but just for a short period of time, then you have a problem. First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change.  If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced.  As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak.  You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter.  Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid/279834/3479?RCAID=1000057

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If this doesnt fix problem do I have to pay again for more advise

No of course not. Follow-up questions are no charge at all.