Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a GE Profile Performance side by side model TFX26PPDA

I have a GE Profile Performance side by side model TFX26PPDA BB that stopped cooling last Friday. We took everything out of the refrigerator and freezer and I turned the dials all the way down. About 4 hours later I turned them back up to 7 and everything started working again - it worked all weekend and this evening it was not cooling again. I did the same set the dials to the off setting and turned them back on and now it is running again. Any ideas?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Absolutely Mike

That model number is XXXXX coming up on my system Troy, can you look inside the fridge for a sticker that has the model and serial number, It also may be down by the refrigerator hinge.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model TFX26PPDA BB Serial Number: G7262876

Ok can you give me another minute to look that up please troy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure

Ok Troy, basically what is happening here is the defrost timer is getting stuck in the defrost cycle which is then shutting the unit down until you unplug the unit to reset it. The defrost timer is located inside the fridge part 257, this will need to be replaced, Below I have included a link where you can purchase the replacement part.

Click here to purchase the part

graphic

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike but I have not unplugged it all I have done is turn the nobs down then back up to 5 and it turns back on. Do you think that fits your solution?

Yes Troy sorry what I meant to say was you have shut off the cooling. replace the defrost timer and you should be all set.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot get the link to purchase the part to show me - if you can help me with that Mike I will give you the highest rating.

Sorry Troy the link must have been broken, try the one below.

Click here to order the part

Thanks!

Mike.