Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

F3h appears when microwave fails to function. When reheat is

F3h appears when microwave fails to function. When reheat is activated there is no heating. Fan also does not respond.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a make and model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kenmore model 665.61659101
Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Ok John this means the Humidity sensor has failed, this is not a good DIY repair since the unit holds lethal voltage even when unplugged.

If after the warning I have given you decide to do the repair yourself you would need to access the inside of the unit to get to the humidity sensor.

Click here to order the replacement part

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is replacement of the humidity sensor something that can be done easily at reasonable cost by an appliance repair service? Or should we simply replace this ten year old microwave oven? What would you advise.
It would cost around $150 to take the unit to a repair shop, Bearing in mind a new unit would cost around $229 I would not put the money into the old microwave.

Thanks!

Mike.