Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a centennial top loader, Model#MVWC300XW0 that wont

I have a centennial top loader, Model#MVWC300XW0 that won't start the cycles. Ex: With clothes loaded, push start, sensing and lid lock lights go on, makes the sensing noise once or twice, then lid lock light starts flashing and that's it
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you open the lid and try to turn the tub please need to know if the tub turns freely.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the tub spins freely

Ok william can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Ok William, the lid lock light flashing indicates a lid switch error, This basically means the lid switch has failed. I have included a link below where you can order the new switch.

Click here

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Mike is there any possibility that it could be the control panel? the whole thing seems a bit wacky. I just tried it again and at first it tried to drain the tub (no water in the tub) so I cancelled it and now it does the same.

It could be but the initial symptoms are a lid switch problem, I would start there, Test the lid switch with a ohm meter, if this fails to fix the problem replace the control board.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi William,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,