Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I came home to water leaking out onto the floor of my GE bottom

I came home to water leaking out onto the floor of my GE bottom mount refrigerator with French top doors. I cannot open the bottom door.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the freezer is leaking water inside, that would explain why the door won't open because it has frozen the door shut. This is a bad situation because you need to unplug the unit for 12 hours maybe so that the ice can thaw an you can open the drawer without breaking the drawer. Then if the water is coming from the icemaker, you could have a stuck icemaker or an electronic water valve that isn't sealing up so it's dripping out and overflowing the icemaker. The other more common possibility if it's just a few cups of water/ice (less than an inch of ice on the floor) would be that your defrost drain line is backing up behind the back panel inside the freezer and you'll need to thaw the drain line out with a hair dryer and flush water through it to make sure it's clear.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!