Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher/ 7-yrs. old the digital time on wash

Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher/ 7-yrs. old the digital time on wash cycles sticks at 66 minutes, then after about ten to fifteen minutes it will drop a minute then stick again. What has to be replaced on this Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher Model # XXXXX to get it to work with the timer cycle to go down minute by minute without sticking in or at the 66 minute mark forever?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What else do you need?

Thanks The problem here is going to be the soil sensor, This sensor basically looks at how clean the water is, If it detects the water that is being pumped around the system is still dirty it will continue to add time to the cycle. In this case the sensor has failed.

I have included a link below where you can buy the part, You should bookmark the page since if you scroll down there is also a video that will show you how to replace the sensor.

Click here to order the part

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A LOT HARDER TO REMOVE THEN VIDEO SHOWN, HAD TO TAKE DISHWASHER OUT AND TILLT IT OVER WHILE SON TOOK IT OUT, HAD A MUCH LITTILER HAND.

Ok replace the sensor and you should be all set :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi David,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,