John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GE Monogram Side-by-Side Refrigerator (Model ZFSB26DNA SS)

GE Monogram Side-by-Side Refrigerator (Model ZFSB26DNA SS) The freezer will not stay cold. Goes up to 30 down to 12 and back up. The defrost cycle works fine as it melts off the frost and glows red. Is this a mother board issue?
Hi I,m John I will help you with the freezer problem .
Can you tell me if you heard the compressor going at the back of the fridge when the temp rose to 30 deg ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the compressor seems to be running as well as the fan on the inside of the freezer.

Pull the fridge out and remove the back panel and tell me if the coils to the right of the compressor are clean and if the fan motor by those coils is going please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess I didn't think this thru all the way... I took everything apart and didn't see anything obvious and googled all and landed on your site. It will be an hour of so before I get back to the house to do this.

A dirty condenser coil can cause the problem. when you get home pull the fridge out and if the coils are dirty vacuum them out it should fix the problem, let me know what you find please .If it is dirty coils a rating of three or more will credit me for helping with the problem .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will advise.

Thank you .
The appliance doc .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pulled back off.. compressor running some dust on the cage around the fan. Compressor tank is warm not hot. Fridge temp is 40 and frezer is 12. Vacuumed everything in back

that cage it wont take much dust to cause the problem, if thats the problem the temp in the freezer should go down in a few hours .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will keep an eye on it and advise

Ok, I will be on till eleven if you require more assistance .
If you require assistance with other appliances in the future let me know please .