Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool dish washer and it trips the breaker after

I have a whirlpool dish washer and it trips the breaker after 10 sec. I cheked the heating element and it is not grounded, and the unit its self is not grounded. The motor will come on and run then everything shots down. Model # XXXXX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Disconnect the wires to the motor and start a cycle. Will it still shut down without the motor plugged in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it will not. the timer will still click.

OK so this means that your motor is pulling too much power I'm afraid and overloading the circuit causing it to shut off. The motor itself would need to be replaced to fix this issue. The part number is XXXXX and costs about $150 so it'll be up to you if you think it's worth replacing, but most people I find will just replace the dishwasher since this isn't an incredibly expensive model and it's an expensive part to fix the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!