Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Amana dishwasher ADB2500AWW. It is several years

I have an Amana dishwasher ADB2500AWW. It is several years old and the rinse aid does not seem to be dispensing at all. It has remained full for quite a long time. Is it possible the wax motor needs replaced and is that fairly simple to do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The same actuator motor that opens the lid for the detergent gets re-activated again to dispense rinse agent later. So if the lid is opening, then the motor is not the problem. Unfortunately the mechanical parts are not shifting properly or you have a clog inside the dispenser and those can not be fixed aside from replacing the dispenser itself so below is a link to the dispenser you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. I will get that part ordered. Is it fairly easy to do? My husband is quite handy and fixes most things.

It is quite easy to replace actually. Below is a video that shows you how to replace this part on a Whirlpool unit and since this washer is made by Whirlpool for Amana, the process is almost the exact same.

CLICK HERE for video

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you again. I am sure we can manage that repair. You have been very helpful.

No problem and I wish you only the best!