Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do you get the top panel off the LG clothes dryer model

How do you get the top panel off the LG clothes dryer model DLG4871W?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Removing the top panel isn't quite that easy because the clips are hidden. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel.  These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel.  If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have to completely remove the top control panel first?

You do not. The control panel isn't removed at all to remove the top panel. It's attached to the top panel.