Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Dryer Model number 110.87571602 and in the

I have a Kenmore Dryer Model number 110.87571602 and in the past month have had to replace the thermal fuse twice. Originally when the dryer quit working, I tracked the problem to being the thermal fuse. After replacing it the first time, the dryer worked for 3/4's of a cycle before quitting again. The oddity this time was that the clothes were very hot. I checked the thermostat using a hotplate and continuity tester and it appeared to not be working. I ordered a new thermostat and thermal fuse and when they came, the thermostat came as a set with another part. I changed all three parts and the dryer worked fine for almost two loads before the thermal fuse blew again. Any advice on what could be the problem? The dryer isn't that old and I'd hate to have get another one so soon. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. whats the part number of the thermostat you replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

High limit thermostat and thermal cutout fuse kit - part number 279973

Thermal fuse - part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay perfect, now I'm sure your aware that a clogged vent can cause this issue and you probably cleaned it good is that correct ? good airflow outside ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, no blockage throughout the dryer to the outside.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay so you replaced these both and the thermal fuse. Thermal Cut Out Fuse Kit 279973          Main Product View and the dryer was very hot inside ? the issue is most likely with the thermistor. Thermistor(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View however what puzzles me is the thermostat (high limit) should kick the heater off before the thermal fuse blows and that didn't happen. I would replace the thermistor and see if that fixes the issue. the thermistor controls the heat temp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I'll check that. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome. let me know how you do. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.