Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool double overn RBD275PDB4 had all power go out during

Whirlpool double overn RBD275PDB4 had all power go out during self cleaning. I have changed the thermal switch and changed wall breaker but still no power. Power is comming into the unit where wires attach to unit. What else could be wrong with it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you don't actually need to change the thermal switch, there is a thermal fuse mounted to the back of the control board that could have failed. Either way, you need to open the bottom oven door and remove the 2 screws going into the side trim pieces around the oven frame toward the bottom. The side trim will then unclip at the bottom and pull forward about an inch with some wiggling and force. Then pull straight down to remove the trim. Shut the door and look at the control panel. On the right and left side at the bottom of the control panel are 2 screws that you unscrew and the control panel will pull forward, up, and off. There is a thermal fuse inside of a clear plastic shroud just behind the control board (one side of the fuse actually connects to the board itself and the other side connects to a wire). If this part doesn't have continuity then it needs to be replaced. If it does have continuity then replace the display control board because it's just shorted.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wires on both end of fuse are intact. What is involved in replacing the whole board and any idea as to cost of board?

OK so if it's intact, then you'll need to order and replace the display control board. The control board was part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it costs about $300 or so normally, but the part is no longer made so getting ahold of the part will be quite difficult. You may need to remove the board and send it into a place like Appliancetimers.com to have the board refurbished which generally costs about $200 or so.