Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

oven will not turn on, lites up but will not start. The cleaner

oven will not turn on, lites up but will not start. The cleaner oven lite stays on. I t will clean the oven but will not let us bake or broil
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. do you have a volt meter ? can you test a switch ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I do not have a meter. I can tell you that we had a small fire iin the oven before this problem happen. I cleaned the oven and all was fine. till I went to bake something. I could seen the element did not go on, although it worked for the cleaning

okay the switch on the latch/lock assembly is stuck in the clean position. (the one I showed you above) it is part of the latch assembly for the self clean. let me get some diagrams up and I will be back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to order this part. do you have the serial number I need to purchase part?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much!!!!