Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Semi Pro Whirlpool; Dryer Model LCED9100WQ - it is

I have a Semi Pro Whirlpool; Dryer Model LCED9100WQ - it is made for export - bought it in NY and had it shipped overseas. Got hit by a power spike. All lights on the LCD display lit up and could not be reset. Replaced the main controller board but that did not work. Now I am told to order the user interface assembly. All repair attempts are done by the largest service center specializing in US appliances. We are on month number 6. If I order the UI assembly and that does not work what else could it be?

Part Replaced: W10166301

Here are the new parts I was told to order:

These are on page 2 of the PDF you just sent me – Page 2 – Top and Console Parts – see numbers: 13, 21, 31 and 37

Part 13 on page2: W10166346 User-interface Assembly. This should include the digital display as well, pre-assembled on the UI. If not I need to know.

Part 21 on page 2: W10135255 Assembly, Membrane Switch and backer plate. The membrane switch should already be attached to the plate.

Part 31 on page 2: W10137455 Push Button

Part 37 on page 2: W10133282 Switch, Jumper Services Vault – if this is not available do not hold up the order – ship without it.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

I understand your frustration,, I am looking at the technician test sheet for this dryer, there are only 2 components on this dryer that can cause the problem you are having, one is the main controller board which you changed, and the other is the user interface board which is what is recommended at this time. it is hard to determine which could have been bad originally as it was damaged by a power spike. However I am pretty confident replacing the user interface will fix your problem..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory