Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung dms500 dishwasher and the hose is blocked

I have a Samsung dms500 dishwasher and the hose is blocked with candle wax (don't ask) near the base of the machine I can get the small access hatch off the bottom but cannot get the hose off the base. I have cleaned the impellor and the gratings and have tried flushing the machine with hot water from the tap. I can get a cleaning wire almost all the way down the hose but the tight bends in the base are defeating me. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Unfortunately you will have to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet. Once it is slid out you can either try to remove the back lopwer panel where the hoses come oout the back of the machine or tip it against the wall to remove the bottom base panel so you can get at the drain pump and hoses. This machine is a pain to work on and it is the only way to get at the drain pump and hose as you can see there is no real access any other way. Poor design, but that is what you need to do. Sorry Mate!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the machine out already and have laid it on its back. The only way in is through the hatch on the bottom as far s I can see but there isn't enough space to get my hand it to take the hose off the pump discharge port.

Yes that hatch is really the only way into the unit. You can take the entire base off the unit, but that is a real pain to do. You should be able to get at the hose through the large hatch opening. The hose should be right there. Now you may have to get the base off. There are 6 screws 3 on each side of the base...2 towards the front and 1 towards the back on the sides of the base to get the base to pull down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The hose clip is facing the wrong way and I guess I'll have to take base off.

Thanks

Yeah you have to take the base
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.