Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

We have a jenn air side by side refridgerator model # XXXXX S/N

We have a jenn air side by side refridgerator model # XXXXX
S/N #1025441EG
2 days ago the freezer started to slowly lose temperature. I noticed after things started to lose their frozen state. It is cold, but not freezing. Now, I am pretty sure the refridgerator part is losing temp as well, things do not seem as cold. I have tried moving the temperture selector to " coldest" and also turned off and on the circuit breaker. Any ideas?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you open the freezer door, Look behind the shelfs at the lower panel in the rear, do you see any frost on this lower panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No frost anywhere
Ok how is the temp in the freezer now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Feels like a refridgerator. All the ice melted , etc

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok did that. Remove the panel that is bolted in? FYI I do feel a fan blowing and back side feels cold. Looking for screwdriver...be back shortly
Ok Lauren thanks, XXXXX XXXXX compressor and let me know the temp please :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is the compressor a black small keg-like looking unit? If "yes" , it is slightly "warm" to the touch
Ok Lauren give me a minute to look the model number up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Ok Lauren, The problem here is a common one in this model, I work on one of these a few times a month with the same symptoms. Basically what has happened is the adaptive defrost control built into the control board has failed, This will mean unfortunately that the control will need to be replaced, It's a fairly easy repair so it should not be too difficult. The manufacturer has redesigned the control board so it should not fail again. Its located inside the control panel inside the fridge, the new part comes with full instructions on the installation of the new part. I have included a link below where you can order the new part, They are very fast about delivering the new part also and give you a full year warranty on the new part.

Click here to order the replacement part

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.