Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hi Jason, it seems I have the same problem with my Fridge

Hi Jason,
it seems I have the same problem with my Fridge Kitchen Aid / Whirlpool SKU KBFS20EVMS. After one year of good operation it starts to build up ice on the bottom on the fried which occ. melts and drips on the floor.
Based on your blog, the drain of the defrost water is the issue. I do however not know how I can get to the drain and what part should be installed from the heater to the drain. Thanks for your help.
Justin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

See if this video helps you with your problem..

Click Here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well....that is the problem... Now, since I'm not really so experienced to remove all the parts, should I give it a try to let the ice melt completely including the drain and then see what happens if I turn the cooling on again. Maybe that could work. What do you think ?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
50/50 chance it will work, if it is ice that is frozen then yes, but if something like a frozen pea or corn got into the drain it could come back again,, I would go the easy route the first time...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. thanks for the help...

Have a good night

Justin

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thank you for using our service today..