Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

My two drawer kitchen aid dishwasher continually runs in the

My two drawer kitchen aid dishwasher continually runs in the rinse cycle. The only way to stop it is flip the breaking. If turned on it just does the same. On switches or holding the small buttons on each side how no effect?

Rick :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

Rick :

What has happen is water has gotten underneath the bottom drawer

Rick :

if you pull the bottom drawer out a little you will see two tabs just behind the front panel.

Rick :

push those in one at a time and lift off of rail

Rick :

Once both sides are removed slide drawer to one side and clean up the water

Rick :

Go ahead and leave the unit powered off

Customer:

I easily pulled the drawer out. No water on the bottom unit pan as we have not been able to run it for about a week. The bottom otithe upper pan had condensation on it. Wiped it off and have a fan focused on drying out everything.

Rick :

As long as you still have the power off, there is a cover in the bottom back left, remove that cover and it will show you a board. There is one screw located in the middle of the board, remove it and you can lift the board up and make sure it is dry underneath there.

Rick :

If it is dry remove the board, do not disconnect any wiring but look at bottom of board and tell me if it has corrison on it

Customer:

It it is dry and not corroded.

Rick :

You should be able to turn unit back on and run a rinse only cycle in one drawer at a time. That way if it leaks and goes back to the error code, you can tell me which drawer is giving trouble. If it immediately does the same thing I need to know that also

Customer:

Turning it bacThoth the top and bottom drawers are flashing green lights for about 5 seconds. Then, flashing red and they both go into rinse cycle. No stopping then with main buttons, the two outer ones at the same time or the rinse,

Rick :

If both units are still doing the same thing you have a bad filter board, you will need to change the board to solve your problem

Rick :

Here is a link to where you can purchase the board

Rick :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/8194064/1177058?RCAID=1000116

Rick :

I havent heard from you in a few days and saw that you have not rated my help, is there something else I can do for you

Customer:

Part on order.

Rick :

ok let me know if you need

Rick :

anything