Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Jenn-Air ww30430w

Jenn-Air ww30430w
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Can you tell me the issue with this range ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The clock panel slowly faded to black months/years? ago. it has been operational without the digital display but now it just started to beep continuously. no display so no error codes.

Oh, that's a tough one, first without know the error we cant even consider what the issue could be but there are a few reasons for the beeping that are common. I'm not sure how much you want to spend on this of course either. the clock / control is $289.00 for this but the beeping could be the keypad that's shorted. Touchpad and Control Panel 71001873 Main Product ViewTouchpad and Control Panel 71001873 Main Product View can you go in the back and unplug the range then remove the ribbon cable from the clock, plug the range back in and see if the beeping comes back. if it does its the control thats bad, if not the keypad is most likely shorted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clock board ribbon removed. J1 & J2 connected. powered up, no beeping

Okay if the beeping doesn't come back after unplugging the ribbon the keypad is shorted, the keypad assembly is $186.00 though and if you want the digital clock to work again you must replace the control also. you can order the keypad at this link click here before you order that though try this, take a hair dryer and warm the keys up (not to hot) and message the keys with your fingers. do all the keys then plug the keypad back in and see if the beep is gone.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I'll order the display and see if I can clear the stuck key. is there a possibility that there is an issue somewhere else or does this sound pretty cut & dry. Just dont want to spend too much on the oven if something else needs replacing.

Thanks for your help.

well of course without a digital display showing us the error code I'm winging it but the test for the keypad seems to be the issue since the beeping stops without the keypad connected.