Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Can you adjust the water level sensor on a GE top loader?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Unfortunately no they can not be re calibrated, If you believe the water level has got lower then it should be then first pull the tube off, Its very common for this to get lint inside the tube causing the water level to be too low. Try blowing into the tube to clear any lint out, if this fails to clear the problem you will need to replace the pressure switch.

Click here to order a new pressure switch if needed

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Is it your understanding, that, GE has made it impossible to adjust this to satisfy the Environmental concerns and nothing can be done? Also, as this washer has always (since purchase from Home Depot) left residue on our clothing suspect it to be a lack of water situation? Do you have any pics to show where the tube is located? I am, of course, really pissed of a GE for selling a substandard washer that uses 3 X's the water as that is what it takes to attempt to get ones clothes clean.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
If you access the control panel you will see the pressure switch, It will have a tube attached to it and look like this.

graphic

Yes unfortunately this is a sealed unit and can not be adjusted, I'm really sorry you are having these problems with your washer, I would not recommend GE to any of my customers, They are fairly reliable machines but if they do go bad the parts are extremely expensive as compared other makers.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.