Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Washer has broke down. It is only two years old. Error

My Washer has broke down. It is only two years old. Error message is F01 and E02. The tub is not spinning and there is no water flowing in the tub. Do you know what this is? Easy fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok Eileen thanks for that, The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F1 - E2

Motor Control Unit (MCU) has an internal malfunction, repeating under or over voltage, or over current conditions. Can also be caused by momentary loss of neutral feed to MCU during the spin cycle. If the error occurs during a high-speed spin, the door will remain locked for 3 minutes.

Basically what this means is the motor control unit has failed and will need to be replaced, This is located on the floor of the machine near the motor, it's the computer that controls the spin cycle and motor.

If you decide you are going to replace this your self please feel free to get back to me and I will look up the part number for you :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.