Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Maytag Jetclean Quiet Pack Model #MDB4160AWW approx.

I have a Maytag Jetclean Quiet Pack Model #MDB4160AWW approx. 15 years old. It goes through every cycle, except the one that drains the water out of the bottom. Is it a pump motor that may have gone out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 10 months ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Are you able to hear the pump running as this happens..?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure what it sounds like
One this unit there is only one motor it functions as the circulation motor and also the drain pump motor..If you do hear a motor sound..Then your problem could be a faulty Drain impeller...The motor has two impellers one for the circulation of water for the wash cycle and one for the drain cycle of the wash..The fix would be to replace the impeller..Which means the motor would have to be removed.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair

This diagram will give you a better idea of how the motor works..#22 is the drain pump impeller..To replace the motor would need to be removed from the unit..Then replace the impeller..Honestly on a dishwasher that is 15 years old I think you would be better off replacing ..You would be ahead of the game as far as energy savings goes

..Also dishwashers produced today have a separate circulation pump and a separate drain pump..Which makes for a simple repair if one should fail..Thanks Bob

graphic

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there anything that would keep the impeller from turning on likeb a timer switch?
Yes... The timer controls power to the motor..The impeller is part of the motor..Also the door switch needs to be tripped for the dishwasher to start a cycle..This is why i asked if you can hear a motor running.