Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

hate to bother you. I have a Kenmore gas dryer that wont start.

hate to bother you. I have a Kenmore gas dryer that wont start. I tested thermal fuse (good) and thermistor (bad). Replaced thermistor, still no power. Had a power relay (part(NNN) NNN-NNNN and swapped it out with both relays but still no start. Timer not making any noise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Please put a period after the first 3 digits of the model number for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

110.73942100

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Did you only swap the relays or did you replace it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had one new one. I changed the one next to the PST button, didn't start, put the old back and changed the one next to temp switch and that didn't work so I put that old one back. I tested PTS switch-good.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Okay, just wanted to check, Does this unit say on the front control panel EVEN HEAT anywhere?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Pat,
Did you get my last request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, I replied on my phone but I am now back on computer. I'm not at the house but I don't recall if it did or not say even heat. Whats my next step if it does? Or doesn't? Also, when I replaced the power relay by the temp switch the timer made a laboring noise then stopped.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
They had all kinds of problems with the even heat board, I believe you will find that it is , the repair for the is replacing the dryness control board, especially if the customer had said sometimes he had to press the start button a few times to get it to stay running, you can click on the blue link below to order this board if necessary

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So regardless if it says even heat or not, you're thinking replace the board?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It has the even heat board in it, I just wanted to make sure that I did not make a mistake, if it has this board that I pictured, then replace it...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Pat,
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you on your problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced board. Still no start. Could it be timer? Checked power. Power ok
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Was the unit one of the EVEN HEAT models?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it does say even heat
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Stupid question, did you ever check the door switch to see if it was working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't test it. I did look at it to make sure it wasn't broken. I messed that one up. I'll check but if it checks ok are we down to the timer?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mistake. Turns out it was a broken belt. Saw the belt against the top of drum but never thought to pull on it until I replaced the timer and it still wouldn't power up. Stupid belt switches.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You live and learn....