Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore Elite double wall oven, model # XXXXX

I have a Kenmore Elite double wall oven, model # XXXXX The upper oven does not heat up and stay heated. We set it at 350 degrees, it heated up to 330 degrees and an hour later had dropped down to 225 degrees. We can not cook any meal in the upper oven. Additionally, the digital display for the clock has gone haywire. A couple pieces of the numbers have burned out. So it it nearly impossible to read the time. What do I need to replace and how?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This can be caused by either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board.  You can't test the board but you can test the sensor.  Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall.  There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it.  With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms.  If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. Since the numbers on the clock are acting up, only the display board itself would cause that issue so I would assume that without testing that if both issues are related, the display board is the part that will need to be replaced to solve both problem.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK....thanks. I need to get an ohm meeter from my dad. I will give this a shot. Thanks for your time.

Ok good luck.