Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My Kitchen Aid Superba will not turn on...The ligths do not

My Kitchen Aid Superba will not turn on...The ligths do not even turn on within the panel, and I plugged the trash disposal and the outlet has power. This is an used/Brand new appliance that I just bought but it was sitting in a warehouse for the last 2 years
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

To clarify the unit appears dead no lights on the panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct... no lights in the front panel

Ok Fabio thanks, XXXXX XXXXX give me the model number from the sticker around the door aperture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model KUDS01IJ

Ok your problem here is the thermal fuse has blown inside the control panel. This will need to be replaced, To do this open the door, Take the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Lift the control panel out, You will see the thermal fuse hooked up to the control board. You can pull this off the control board and test it with a ohm meter, if as I suspect it reads open it will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found it and I just ordered the part... how do I reconnect with you in case the problem does not go away?

You can come back anytime after you rte me by book marking this page or clicking on the link in one of the emails you have been sent at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Actually now, I am able to plug in and it starts (the issue was that I was using the trash disposal outlet and of course, it only turns on when the switch is on, so no issues with the thermal fuse, but now the machine starts but when I press any cycle the Status shows "--" (dash dash) and I am pressing the start button and nothing happens. aftr 5 secs it just turns off. I tried to reset and it goes thru the diagnose phase but it still does not start. Do you think it could still be something related to the thermal fuse?

No sounds now like a problem with the touch pad or the control board, are there any lights blinking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought and replaced the control board and now everything works

Ok thanks