Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore model wed5300vwo dryer that wont run. when

I have a Kenmore model wed5300vwo dryer that wont run. when start is pushed, the heat element lights up but nothing else works. When door is opened, the element stays lit until the dryer is turned off.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
okay for one thing you have a shorted heating element Heating Element Assembly 279838 Main Product Viewits shorted to ground and needs to be replaced. most likely you have a blown thermal fuse also. let me get that info for you, please stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So the dryer itself wont start spinning when you press the start button correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay the other issue you have is the thermal fuse is blown. Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewheres is a link to order that. thermal fuse and heres the link for the heater. heating element