Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Good morning Bryan, Gary here again, with another question

Good morning Bryan,

Gary here again, with another question on my Gibson dryer. The last fix worked really well - the drum is turning fine with no squeaks. However in the last week or so a loud rattling sound began coming from the motor as it runs and, when it stops, the rattling sound continues for a few seconds after the drum has stopped turning. I took the back off and ran it a few times and it is certainly coming from the motor: it sounds something like a cog or band in the engine wearing out and it does not grip well as it turns, and continues to turn after the rest of the motor stops moving. It does not sound as if it is coming from the drum, and it isnt the drum that keeps turning. Sorry if this is rambling but i dont know enough to be more precise in my description. Does this sound like any issue you are familiar with?

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.Okay the problem is a pretty common one. your Blower wheel is bad. Blower WheelNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product Viewthese are plastic and waer on the motor shaft. this will need to be replaced. Its around $23.00 and heres a link to order it. order here its part number 12 on this diagram, Thank you for requesting me again, I hope this helps, thanks. Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick response, that makes sense & I will order the part now. Do you know if there is a manual or video that will show me how to replace it when the part gets here?

this unit is too old for a video unfortunately but Maytag is basically the same. they go in the same way once you get the blower open. heres a link to a video for that one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is perfect, thank you.

Okay your welcome Gary, please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off. thanks Again, Bryan