Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

How do I turn on the Self Cleaning function on Model HGS30

How do I turn on the Self Cleaning function on Model HGS3052UC?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having a problem getting the oven to self clean..Have you used the self clean with success prior to using it today..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes along time ago

It appears that the "Clean" function does not turn on

Ok Great..To operate the self clean on this unit all you need to do is have the door closed then press the self clean option..The door will then lock as it has a motorized locking assembly..Once the door is locked the self clean will begin..From what you are describing it sounds like you have a faulty door lock motor assembly or no power going to the door lock assembly..You would need to check power going to the assembly first..Loss of power at that point can be from the Ovens computer Or the doorswitch itself.Most common fault would be the locking motor as it sits directly above the oven to where after time due to heat can cause the motor to fail.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

I guess I won't be cleaning my oven today!

Bernie..The best way to clean the oven is to use the non Fume spray oven cleaner..Manufacturers will not tell you that using the self clean feature on the oven can and will damage the computer components on the oven due to the high heat the self clean creates..We receive a abundance of calls around the holidays with oven problems..Pretty much knowing what the problem is before even arriving at the jobsite..1. Do not use the self clean....2.If you are going to use it...Use it after the Holidays..;)..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or better on the actual information provided by me not on the outcome of your repair so that i may be credited through the system..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info!

I will try the non fume spray.

I have leave for an appointment but repsond with an excellent when get I back in an hour or so.

Sounds good Bernie..Thanks Bob