Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Just replaced the control board on an Amana refrigerator because

Just replaced the control board on an Amana refrigerator because it had stopped defrosting and the upper refrigerator became blocked with ice but the freezer and icemaker continued to work fine. Now the ice maker goes through very long cycles before it drops ice into the bin. After leaving the fridge closed overnight and checking the ice bin in the morning found the bin only a quarter full. Used to drop ice every time after we took some out of the ice bin. What has changed?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

How cold is the freezer now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't measured it today but yesterday it was down below zero and the fridge was at 37-38 degrees mostly. /// The ice that has dropped so far looks pretty normal.

Well the icemaker only works on temperature of the freezer, The colder the freezer the faster it makes ice, However below zero it can make the ice stick to the tray making it take longer for the heater to loosen the cubes to harvest them. The temp of the freezer should be in the area of 0-5 degrees, If the freezer goes above 10 degrees it will slow down quite a bit and if it gets to 15 degrees the ice maker will about to completely stop.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory