Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a PHS39EHSS2 Refrig/Freezer. The ice bucket is always

I have a PHS39EHSS2 Refrig/Freezer. The ice bucket is always full to the roof. Is there a way to set if to make less ice? we don't use that much.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Does the ice maker arm have the extension installed....If not there is a kit that you can install to extend the arm farther into the ice bucket..CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delay. I clicked on the link above and Watched a video on how to install it. It showed me how to replace the ice mold tray and bail wire. I don't see how this will help me. It looks like most icemakers have the ability for the bail wire to lock in the "UP" position to stop ice production. Doesn't the Frigidaire unit do that? I don't where this kit suppresses ice production.

The arm is longer.Which fits down farther the ice bin..Which will turn the ice maker off well before the bin over fills with ice...On your existing ice maker arm there should be a plastic part hanging from the arm itself..Is this plastic part installed on your existing arm..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it has a white plastic bar about 1" by 6" set horizontally. If I rotate it up, it doesn't "click" and stay there; it just flops back down. Can I just prop it up with something?

Yes you can try wire tying it with a bread tie..Or use tape..This will save you some expense..The trick is to extend the arm so that the ice maker does shut off ...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to be such a pain in the arse, but any clue as to why it's now overfilling? It's shame to replace the level sensor wire with a new one. Is there some calibration that can control the height of the ice supply? I would expect it should work somewhat like the water level float in a toilet tank. Right now I have the on/off switch turned off to let the ice level recede. How many inches of "BLADE" can I add before it will interfere with the swing arc of the sensor wire hitting the back of the top shelf. Is there maybe a microswitch that is mis-aligned? I'd like to close this case and give you an excellent score.

The ice level is controlled by the height of the arm..Once the ice gets to a certain level the arm will raise and turn the ice maker off until the level of the ice goes down..If the ice maker was working fine with the same arm prior to this..Then you would need to replace the ice maker itself..there are micro switches inside the ice maker module..Nowadays its not worth the trouble or cost to replace the module itself as the complete ice maker is not much more in cost.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Hi just checking back with you to see how your repair is coming along..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK " or better so that i may be credited through the system..Thank You Bob