Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a maytag mdbh979aws3. The only lights that will turn

i have a maytag mdbh979aws3. The only lights that will turn on are the hi temp wash, heated dry, and sanitize button. (All 3 will respond to being pressed and all 3 will stay on, but no other lights will respond.) Please advise.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if only 3 buttons are working, you have the most common problem that this dishwasher gets---your touchpad has failed. There really isn't much you can do as far as trying to reset the issue by turning the power off because the touchpad itself would need to be replaced. Below is a link to where you can order the touchpad, it's about $90.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it pretty easy to replace if i order it??

Yes, definitely. It's all plug and play. Just be sure to turn the circuit breaker off first or unplug the dishwasher. Then open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner. The door will split apart and you can remove the control board and door latch from the touch control panel to replace the touch control panel.