Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My three year old refrigerator is not cooling even though the

My three year old refrigerator is not cooling even though the freezer is working properly. I have tried adjusting the temperature to no avail. Any suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the refrigerator only cools by stealing air from the freezer which means something is preventing the air from going into the refrigerator from the freezer. This will be a difficult task, but you'll need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to see if the fan behind this panel is running or not. If it's not running, then you need to replace the evaporator fan motor. If it is running, then there will likely be a lot of frost build up on the silver coils below the fan preventing the air from circulating. You'll need to use a hair dryer to thaw all the frost out and then test continuity through the heater (at the bottom of the silver coils) and the defrost thermostat (1" round device with 2 wires going to it at the top of the silver coils) to see if either one doesn't have continuity. If either one is open and has not continuity, then it needs to be replaced because it will stop the freezer from defrosting on it's own.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am satisfied with your answer but it will take me some time to do this task. How do I get back to you to let you know if your answer is the solution???

You can come back any time you want even after rating me or if you have follow-up question while going through this process. There will be an E-mail sent to you with a link to bring you back here to ask any follow-up questions if needed.