Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore front load model c45092. I was attempting

I have a Kenmore front load model c45092. I was attempting to remove the handle on the soap dispenser of which there are three sections when all three sections came apart. First section is the handle. The second section is attached to the draw. And the draw is the third section. I would like to operate the washer without the first section, because the door to the closet where the washer is situated will not allow the dispenser draw to open enough to add soap. On removing the three sections I dropped the magnet and have been unable to figure out where it belong. Without it in its proper place the washer will not operate.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So these magnets and the corresponding reed switch were actually completely removed on the washer since they caused nothing but problems. The new control boards (if you ever replace yours) don't even have a spot to plug in the reed switch anymore. You have two options. You could just cut the 2 wires going to the reed switch and put a wire nut splicing the 2 wires together so that it bypasses the switch, or you'll need to somehow glue the magnet in the proper place but that should be fairly difficult to locate. The magnet actually sits on the back side of the dispenser front panel. If you're looking at the washer from the front, it would sit to the right of the dispenser drawer somewhere. If you pull the drawer out and look at the back of the front dispenser panel, there is a slot that you slide the magnet in, but it will fall out if you don't glue it in place.

Below is a picture of where the location of the magnet should be.

graphic

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you please explain where I can find the reed switch and two wires so I can splice them if the gluing the magnet in does not work.

Thanks, Mat

The reed switch is located behind the control planel to the right of the dispenser. You will need to remove the top panel of the washer in order to access the part.