Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire 3000 series w/ speedclean. Panel lites for a second,

Frigidaire 3000 series w/ speedclean. Panel lites for a second, then goes out. Can not run dishwasher, pressed panel and held for 3 seconds. Have not used dishwasher for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the [email protected]
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are 3 options as to what can cause this issue.

1. You could just have a bad control board.

2. You could have a shorted drain pump overloading the control board causing it to shut down

3. You could have a bad circulation pump overloading the control board causing it to shut down.

The best way to determine which problem you have is to remove the kick panel below the door and unplug the circulation and drain pump. Try to start up the dishwasher. If it starts up and doesn't shut down, then you know that one of your pumps is bad. If it still shuts down, replace the control board.

Now if you have a bad pump, just plug one of them back in and if it shuts down again, that's the pump you need to replace. If it doesn't shut down, replace the other pump.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will to remove panel ( matches) cabinets to get to bottom dishwasher bottom panel, to try your suggestions. Should I call the repairman instead?

That's completely up to you if you wanted to call a repairman out or not, but having the matching cabinet panel will definitely make the task a bit more difficult.