Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 2000 MAH4000AWW that has develpoed a problem. When

I have a 2000 MAH4000AWW that has develpoed a problem. When I turn it on it starts to fill and then just turns itself off after about 40-45 seconds. If I advance the timer and do it again it will drain, but it will never spin or tumble/agitate. It is NOT the Control Board as suggested to me because I replaced it twice and it still does the exact same thing with all three boards. Thoughts?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Which control board did you replace exactly? The one inside the control panel behind the timer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, its the big 10" x 5" boardright behind the timer knob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so that would be the problem. You do have a bad control board, but that is the wrong control board. You actually need to replace the motor control board which comes as a kit with a new motor due to the fact that it has so many problem and it was re-designed. Below is a link to the motor control kit mounted to the floor inside the washer below the tub on the right side.

CLICK HERE for part

It does come with instructions on how to replace the part, but accessing the board is not covered so below is a video that shows you how to do this.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So can the board be replaced without buying a new motor kit with it???

It can not. It was completely re-designed when they recalled this washer almost 10 years ago now. It's not possible to replace just the motor control board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am satisfied with your help, but one more question and I will give you a great rating!!

If I find an older unit that has not been upgraded with the recall upfit, could I potentially swap out that board with mine. Lets say I found one on Ebay, etc...

Thanks for your help

So you could replace both the board and motor if you found and old unit, but you can't just replace the board. One of the reasons that you can't replace just the board aside form the fact that it was completely re-designed and wouldn't work with an old motor, is that the wires are all directly wired between the board and the motor. There is nothing to unplug---it's all one part.

Now once you upgrade the kit, you can replace the parts separately, but not until then I'm afraid.